||Job Description :
• We are looking for an experienced mixed signal / RF system engineering manager to collaborate with a start-up team of RFIC and mixed signal designers, physical layer algorithms engineers, international digital and SW design teams, and mobile architects to build world-class cellular modem solutions.
• The candidate is expected to bring passion, innovation and strong execution experience in modem system design. In particular, if a modem is split into three parts, a) receiver front end (antenna to baseband), b) demodulator, and c) decoder, the candidate is expected to have strong experience with receiver front end specification and trade-offs.
• As this role will be expected as an interface between digital modem engineers and analog design engineers, excellent communication skills is a must.
• The RF Front End systems engineering director will work on complex projects such as IC design, coexistence, inter-RAT, and multi-mode/multi-band design.
• This is a hands-on position for someone who can build, mentor, and guide a small RF systems engineering team.
• Collaborate with analog, RF, and digital designers to specify a detailed tradeoff of implementation loss budget for wireless transceivers.
• Collaborate with modem architects to deliver innovative architectures for the modem.
• Understanding 3GPP wireless standards (UMTS/HSPA/LTE)
• Design and Debug of protocols, RF interfaces, and RF circuitry to solve the inter-RAT and coexistence problems for the modem UE.
• Conduct C/C++ and MATLAB simulations for system performance evaluation and optimization under various multipath fading channels.